Five Questions with Julie Prestsater
1. When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
I love books that make me laugh and have a sense of family. And a sweet HEA. I can't read a drag it out, tear jerker over and over.
2. Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you?
It chose me. I'm a swooner. I ooo and awww over everything. Romance was just natural for me. So was YA since I spend 180 days a year with teenagers.
3. If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
Such a hard question!
I think it would be Christie Ridgway. The few times I've met her, she was a total hoot. So much fun and full of energy. We've had some really cool conversations, but we're always on the run. I think we have a lot that we can learn from each other.
4. When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime?
Watching sappy made-for-TV romance movies in my jammies.
5. At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
Oh shit. I still question whether any of them are ready to be published. It's freaking scary. Haha. Well, when I was happy with my book and completely loved it, I did my research. Lots and lots of research. It's easier now. I think I have the whole self-publishing process down from a publisher standpoint.
Find more information about Julie and her books here: http://juliepbooks.com/adult-books/the-against-the-wall-series/playing-chase/
Post a Comment