Five Questions with M.R. Joseph
1. When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
The fact that I can sit there and imagine the characters, how they look, what they see, feel their emotions. I can read several books over again because the stories impact me and stick with me so much.
2. Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you?
I chose to write the genre I do. I am a romantic. I believe in true love, soul mates, fate, and all that mushy stuff. I'm just a believer in all things love so I wanted to write about it.
3. If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
That's a toughie. I have so many literary heroes so It's hard for me to chose. I guess it would have to be all my favorite Indie Authors. They are my inspirations. They are the reasons I started to read again, and then began my writing journey. They are my motivators.
4. When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime?
I'm a mommy! I have two very active kiddos, so spending time with them and my husband is my favorite past time. What I love to do is sing. I actually went to college for it for a short time. I'm always singing around the house, with the kids, in the car, at a wedding , at a bar, singing the National Anthem at a sporting event in our town. Not a lot of my readers know this.
5. At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
I knew it was ready when I let my husband read my first book draft, he looked at me and said, "I think we have something here." Then it was all about researching what would work best, and I found that being an Indie Author was the way to go, and I have learned so much since then. Things I had no idea about, and I just continue to learn, listen to others, and follow my dreams.