Five Questions with Mary Wasowski
- When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
- Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you?
- If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
- When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime?
- At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
1. One my favorite books that I have read is by Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel’s Inferno. I have read and re-read this book. I love this story . The way this author has written Gabriel and Julianne’s story was magical and it pulls at your heart because you want them to make it and get their happily ever after.
2. Both. I love young adult but geared for ages 17 and higher. Also adult contemporary romance . My first book is a combination of the two and this direction is probably where i will continue to pursue with my writing.
3. A.L. Jackson. I love her work. She is very supportive of indie writers and she was the first author to like my page. I have e-mailed her with questions and she always took the time to answer me. It would be my honor to buy her a margarita!
4. Spending time with my family and friends. I love it when friends come over to chat and we laugh over a good bottle of wine.
5. In my heart, my book is ready to go. It’s currently in the hands of my new editor and I’m hoping she loves it as much as I do. I have reached out to many authors asking for advice and learning as much as I can. I have created a Facebook Author page, as well as putting myself out there on many social media sites. This is a learning process and I am trying to take it one day at a time. Writing has been my dream that many years ago, I was too scared to pursue. My time is now and I’m dreaming big and moving forward. Writing makes me very happy and I’m hoping my story touches a reader and they enjoy what I have written.
With the encouragement from my husband Henry, I decided to finally take a chance and write my first book. It has been an amazing experience so far. I have a long list of authors who inspire me and make me believe that I can do this, and find my own brand of success.
I wear many hats in my life; I am a wife, mother, sister, and friend. My next hat that I wear will be author. Positive thinking is the only way I know how to be. I want to inspire my three boys to never give up on your dreams, because mommy didn’t, and here I am!