Five Questions with Dawn Pendleton
1. When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
Mostly, I read and reread books with great characters. Whether they’re funny, charming, or even evil, if I feel attached to them, I will read them again and again.
2. Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you?
A little of both. I had the idea that I wanted to write YA, but when I went to get some ideas on paper, I felt that the issues I wanted to pursue were a bit older than traditional YA. So I did some research and found this amazing collection of authors who write NA (new adult) which deals with more adult-like issues.
3. If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
Julie Garwood. I’ve been reading her books since I was eleven, and I’ve never stopped. Her books just draw you in and make you never want to leave. The fact that most of her female characters are witty and strong also helps.
4. When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime?
This is tough for me. There aren’t many things I do beside read and write, but I guess it would have to be photography. I enjoy taking pictures for leisure and then coming home and tweaking the photos with editing software. It relaxes me.
5. At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
I am still in the process of getting my book ready for publication. I know it needs lots more work, but I don’t know if I will ever be able to say “It’s ready.” That’s just me, though – I am a bit of a perfectionist. Of course, I’ll have to bite the bullet at some point and just self-publish.
About the Author
Dawn Pendleton is a New Adult author currently working on two manuscripts simultaneously. She lives in Maine with her husband and their adorable pup. To catch up with her, follow her on Twitter: @DawnWritesNA or Facebook: www.facebook.com/authordawnpendleton Or visit her website: www.dawnpendleton.com