Five Questions with Rebecca Rynecki
1. When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
The adventure, the fantasy, the romance. Falling in love with the characters and watching them fall in love again and again.
2. Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you?
It definitely chose me. I started out just wanting to do a plain old epic fantasy, and it turned out to be more of a romance with fantastical elements. The characters really drove it in that direction.
3. If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
Well, she's unfortunately no longer alive, but definitely Marion Zimmer Bradley. Her books were my teen years. I inhaled everything by her. I would just want to listen to her talk about her characters, her research...I would be in geek heaven!
4. When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime?
Does running through the woods and fields count? 'Cause I'm all about doing that when the weather is nice.
5. At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
It took a very long time with the first book. This story had been in my head since I was 12 and it took till I was 28 before I could really work on fleshing it out, and actually giving it to beta readers and editors. After I got a positive response on it, I spoke to other self published authors after I read some amazing self pubbed ones, and they pointed me in the right direction. It was a lot of hard work, but every time one person says to me that my book made them laugh or they're in love with Gabriel...I know it's worth it.