Five Questions with Laura Howard
- When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
Usually it’s the tension between two love interests. I have read the scenes between Edward and Bella in Twilight when they first get to know each other a zillion times, for instance. I flag certain scenes and just go back to them over and over.
- Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you?
The Forgotten Ones was originally a contemporary story, believe it or not. My love of paranormal kept sneaking into my thoughts and really enhanced the story line. I’d still like to try my hand at Contemporary someday, though.
- If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
I would love to chat with Holly Black. Her stories are all very layered and steeped in folklore. I would love to pick her brain on how she learned to use such fantastic imagery.
- When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime?
What else is there? Actually, it doesn’t matter what we’re doing, as long as my kids are smiling and laughing, that’s my favorite thing in the world.
- At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
editor has said it’s not quite ready for public consumption. I won’t publish it
until she gives me the seal of approval!
You can find out more about Laura Howard and her upcoming release here: