Five Questions with Andrea Heltsley
1. When you think of your favoritebooks, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them overand over again?
Definitely creativity. I loveimmersing myself into a world of vivid surroundings or sweet romances are alsoa plus.
2. Did you consciously decide to writethe genre you write, or did it choose you?
My genre chose me. I just started writing and YA/NA paranormalromance is what came out.
3. If you could sit down for a drink anda chat with any writer, who would it be, and why?
Lewis Caroll. I would love to pick his brain about myfavorite book.
4. When you are not writing (or reading)what is your favorite pastime?
Seeing concerts, traveling to thebeach, watching chick flicks and shopping (of course)
5. At what point were you sure that yourbook was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen?
I actually published last year andafter feedback, realized they weren’t ready for publication. I pulled them and am using my newfoundknowledge to make a better product.
Hewasn’t supposed to remember.
Callie is a royal vampire. She huntsby taking the blood from her victims and erases their memories afterwards. Shegoes undetected until a victim named Chase approaches her with all his memoriesintact. He is intrigued and attracted. She is terrified. Whathappens when a human mixes with the immortal world? Chaos.
Callie’s 18th birthday has passed and she is coming out at the annual bloodball. Will she find a mate or will she suffer the repercussions of herindiscretion? She is brought to the Vampire council and they must decide whatto do with Chase. Do they kill him, or turn him to protect their secret?
You can learn more about Andrea and her work on her blog.