Five Questions with Rebecca Shea
1. When you think of your favorite books, what is it that draws you to them and makes you want to read them over and over again?
Definitely the characters. I love to fall in love with the characters in a story. An author that can make you love, hate, then love that character again is a true artist. There are times, I feel like the characters on the page of a book are ‘real’ people…LOL.
2. Did you consciously decide to write the genre you write, or did it choose you? I knew all along that the new adult genre was where I’d write. I love contemporary romances with a twist of smut J I remember being young and sneaking my mom’s copy of “The Thornbirds” and falling in love with the forbidden romance and slightly risqué story line and sexy love scenes (this is where I first learned what a condom was) LOL.
3. If you could sit down for a drink and a chat with any writer, who would it be, and why? I’ve been blessed to have been able to sit down and pick the brains of A.L. Jackson and Molly McAdams. Both have provided a lifetime’s worth of advice and encouragement. Besides them, Rebecca Donovan. I’m a huge fan-girl of Rebecca, and would LOVE to talk to her more in depth about her Breathing Series. She sent me a tweet, that I have since blown up and framed and look at every day as encouragement J
4. When you are not writing (or reading) what is your favorite pastime? Usually it’s wrangling children and all of their activities, but for me time, I love to hike, and spend time with my family and friends. I am blessed to have an amazing set of girlfriends that I can drink and laugh with and just decompress.
5. At what point were you sure that your book was ready to be published, and how did you go about making it happen? Well, my completed manuscript will be done on May 1st. I’m too far in, too emotionally invested to not publish Unbreakable now. However, there were days I wanted to quit…many days. I have a small group of author friends who have encouraged me and guided me and I’m so thankful to them J
Facebook author page:
Goodreads link to Unbreakable:
Book trailer link (cannot be seen on mobile devices):
Twitter handle: @beccasheaauthor
Facebook "friend" page: